Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Poppin' Pastels - doin' the 3-step!

Using Stampin' Pastels and a Versarmark stamp pad, you can create beautiful layered images like this:


2008 sept 004 


I showed this Poppin' Pastels technique at all my Stamp Club get-togethers this week, and it is so soft and pretty, I wanted to share it with you.


(If you want more info about my stamp clubs, email  me or click here.)


Here's what I did:


Using the Fresh Cuts stamp set (#111634 pg98 $25.95) I inked it in Versamark ink (#102283 pg193 $9.50), and stamped it on the left side of the white cardstock. I took a cotton ball, and rubbed it on my Stampin' Pastels (#105542 p163 $30.95) Pale Plum chalk color, and gently brushed it over the image. Then, I inked the leaves in versamark, and stamped them over top. I brushed Mellow Moss chalk over those. I stamped the flowers last, again with Versamark, and brushed Perfect Plum on those.  You can keep adding more and more layers of images, as you like, but I have done this one as a 3-step.


Let me know what you think.....


(And....If you order online NOW, get a hand-stamped card from me in the mail! To place an online order for any of the above products, go to my website, and click on "Shop Now"-it will be shipped right to your door!)



No comments:

Post a Comment