Sunday, November 18, 2012
Sunday, November 4, 2012
Introducing the new and improved Stampin' Up Stampin' Trimmer! Although we use paper trimmers regularily in the papercrafting world, they are NOT all equal. This one was designed exclusively by paper crafters FOR paper crafters, and because it was made by Stampin' Up!, you know it's quality and design are going to be a cut above the rest!
Features of the New Stampin' Trimmer:
- An extra-wide 6-1/4" cutting base and an extended 14-1/2" ruler
- The extra-wide cutting base provides a large work area and is marked in 1/4" (4 mm) increments, allowing for small measurements.
- The right-side grid helps you measure and cut very thin strips.
- The extended cutting arm has a stabilizing leg to provide a sturdy and steady cutting surface for longer cuts.
- When fully extended, the extended cutting arm sits flush with the trimmer base, providing more accurate and consistent measurements across the entire surface.
- The cutting base and track include a full ruler, incorporating measurements down to 1/16" and grid lines that mark each quarter inch.
- All rulers and measurements on the base are printed under a plastic cover so your measurements won't wear off.
- The base has nonskid feet, which keeps the Stampin' Trimmer securely in place on your work area.
- A full 12" cutting and scoring track
- The extra-long cutting track has space at the top and bottom so you don't have to take the cutting and scoring blades out when you're not using them.
- The track gives you enough space to cut or score a full 12" (30.5 cm) without having to remove or switch out handles.
- The cutting track locks in place for secure storage or transport.
- The track includes an insertion point for cutting and scoring blade handles so you can easily insert handles into the cutting track.
- Specially designed handles and cutting track to ensure straight cuts
- The hook on the scoring and cutting blade handles keeps the handles stable so the cuts are as straight as possible.
- Handles come in two colors: dark for cutting, light for scoring.
- The precision tip on the cutting blade allows you to pinpoint precisely where you're cutting.
- The point on the side of each handle shows you where the blade will cut, making it easy to see exactly where your cuts and scores will begin.
- Storage compartment under base
- The storage compartment holds scoring and cutting tools such as a Bone Folder, Simply Scored Stylus, extra scoring and cutting blades, and even business cards.
- Separate compartments within the storage compartment keep your tools organized, and the clear cover makes it easy to see what you've stored.
Product details: item 126889; $41.95.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
As I play with the Silver Glimmer Paper, I can't help but think of Snowflakes! As uncommon as it is to make a black & white Christmas card, I was just drawn to give it a try with this card.
I used the Lattice Embossing Folder on the black cardstock background, and the Snow Flurry Bigz Die for the Snowflakes, in Whisper White and Silver Glimmer Paper. The embellishment in the middle is from the Antique Brads package. This card is very simple, yet quite stunning to see in person.
Here's a look at the card again.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Here's a video I made to show you an easy-peasy way to make beautiful bows for your projects. Hope you like it!
Thanks for stopping by!