Sunday, November 9, 2008

Scallop Envelope Die - as a box!

I wanted to share with you a great idea for using the Scallop Envelope Sizzix Die that has recently come out from Stampin' Up. This cute little box was made using Pink Pirouette cardstock, and cutting out 4 Scallop Envelopes from it. (I cut two at a time, and used the Premium Crease Pad to get nice score lines that weren't cut through.)


DSCN7356 


Just by attaching the "wings" of the envelopes together with Sticky Strip (p190), you get the sides of the box assembled. Then, you just alternate the bottom pieces to close it (fold as you would close a cardboard box). I found that you need to place a cardstock liner in the bottom to keep it from shifting, and then you don't need any adhesive on the bottom. I added 2 layered strips of Bella Rose paper, along with a stamped image from Punches Three (hostess level one set). This was punched out with the Wide Oval punch.


We did this as the Big Shot Club make & take project for October, and it was fun! But, I originally saw this idea on someone else's blog, so I can't take the credit for it. (Trouble is, I don't know who to give credit to. If you know, please forward me the info, so I can update my post!)


my line of the day: If it stands still long enough, Stamp it!


Jo-Ann



No comments:

Post a Comment