Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stampin' In the Garden!

Moving to a new house just over a year ago, I no longer had a vegetable garden, a favorite thing of mine. Sure, I was able to grow some flowers and things, but I really missed growing fresh veggies. So, this year in April, my hubby built me a garden! The kids and I planted it in May, and soon afterwards things started to appear.


I love to go out there and dig in the dirt, and see what's blooming and growing each day. It's therapeutic. The best part, however, is being able to run out there when I am making dinner, and pick some fresh herbs, or veggies to add to our meal. One thing was still missing though, and I think I've solved that now. With a little STAMPING, of course!


2009 june-july 142 


Yes, we made garden signs! They are so cute! My husband started with cutting up some 1/4" plywood for the words (approx 3" X 5"), and made maple posts (2' long) to put them on.


2009 june-july 069 


I stamped all the names with the Schoolbook Serif Alphabet set with black Craft ink. In order to get them nice and straight, I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, a fabulous tool for this project! Then I also added some various leaves and flower stamps on most of them, and colored a little bit along the shade lines with markers.


2009 june-july 067 


After that, I set them out on some newspaper and sprayed them with about 4 coats of outdoor varathane.


Here they are all assembled....


2009 june-july 137 


2009 june-july 138 


2009 june-july 143 


I encourage you to try stamping some signs for your herb or veggie garden too! You will love them, and be able to re-use them for years! You could also do this for flowers, roses, and they'd made wonderful gifts!


Have a sunny day!


Jo-Ann


stampinwithjoann@shaw.ca



1 comment:

  1. These are so precious, Jo-Ann. I just love them. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete