Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Trees!

 
Good Morning!


I wanted to share with you these Christmas trees I made with my kids recently. We had a great time!


Nov-Dec 2009 166


You can see from the bottom view here that I used styrofoam cones from the craft store, and added the paper curls all around. 


Nov-Dec 2009 167


You just cut double sided paper (I used the retired set called Holiday Thyme) into 1" X 6" strips. (You need about 3 12X12 sheets per tree.)  Then, using your Bone Folder, curl one end at a time, as you would with curling ribbon. Leave a flat space in the middle, and put a sewing straight pin thru that area into your styrofoam shape. No glue required! 


You can also do this on foam wreath shapes too, but make sure to get the dense foam so the pins don't fall out! This was easy enough for my 7 and 11 year olds to do, but I did help them with the curling part.


Enjoy!


Blog signature-001

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment