Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Altered Notebook

Well, I have been using one of my kids old school duo-tang books as a bank deposit book for some time now, and I have to say, it was well used! Just looking at it was getting on my nerves, so I decided instead of buying a new folder, I would spruce it up a bit!


Here's how it turned out. Instead of trying to figure out how to cover up the spine, I just incorporated that color into my theme. (You can still see the purple duo-tang poking out the side)....


Altered Duo Tang (2) 


I covered it (front and back) using Old Olive prints patterned paper, and a gluestick, then tied some Twill Tape around the front cover, adding some 1 1/4" Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon in the middle of the knot. The focal image is stamped on Very Vanilla using Priceless (still one of my favorite stamp sets!) in Old Olive and Lovely Lilac classic inks from Stampin' Up. I backed that with some Very Vanilla and Lovely Lilac cardstocks. I also cut out additional butterflies and flowers and popped them up with Dimensionals.


Altered Duo Tang  


Even though it is still an old book, it only took me about 15 minutes to make it prettier, and I am soooo much happier doing my paperwork now :) I smile everytime I take it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment