Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Table settings

Here are a couple of neat table setting ideas for your Christmas Dinner this year. They are very easy to make!


Below are some matching placecard and table favors that I made for a Women's Christmas Brunch I attended last Saturday morning. There were 10 ladies at our table, and I got their names ahead of time, so I could make the placecards. I whipped all these up in about 1 hour. (For those of you who were at Friday night's Stamp Club get-together, I started the treat favors after you went home!) Oops :)


2008 030 


These are made using the Sizzix Top Note Die and the Big Shot machine. I cut with that on Bravo Burgundy textured cardstock (only available in 12X12 assorted packs), as well as I cut the strips of Brushed Silver cardstock, so the edges would match perfectly. (It's also faster than using scissors!) I used the 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch and Scallop Circle Punch to make the medallion on the front.


2008 034 


This little favor box was made by cutting out overhead transparencies (available at office supply stores), using the Pillow Box Die on my Big Shot. To close the side and one end, I used Sticky Strip (must have!), filled with chocolate-covered raisins, and then wrapped the Bravo Burgundy 5/8" grosgrain ribbon around. Secure with a brad, and it stays closed until ready to eat! The image stamped on the front is from the Best Yet level-one hostess stamp set.


At this brunch, every year, there are about 300 ladies. Every table is decorated differently, by one of the ladies who reserve seats there. Our table was decorated by my good friend, Maria, and she did a fabulous job! I co-ordinated my little creations to her color combination on the dishes. Here's how the place settings looked when we were done:


2008 032 


And here's the whole table. It was beautiful, and we felt like princesses!


2008 033 


Below is a similar table setting idea, made by good friend, Karina. They are made with Bella Rose designer paper, Deer Friends hostess stamp set, Riding Hood Red cardstock, and Chocolate Taffeta Ribbon.


2008 023 


Here's a closeup of the napkin ring, made using the Top Note Die...


2008 024 


2008 025 


If you are looking to make handmade Personalized Christmas Crackers to add to your decor, see my Nov 7th post here.


Enjoy your holiday decorating, cardmaking, and baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment