Monday, September 15, 2008

Ghosting card

  I showed this technique called "Ghosting" at my stamp club get-togethers last week, and just wanted to share the completed card with you.


Ghosting card


To do this, you take a piece of vellum, and brayer ink over it (I used the new In-Color Pacific Point). Very quickly take a clean, dry, solid image stamp (this is Upsy Daisy) and stamp it onto the wet vellum. When you lift it off, it will pull the ink off with it, creating this pretty look. Then, let it dry. 


 For this card I added a layer of white cardstock behind (this technique shows up best if you layer it onto white), and then tied some of the new 1" Stitched Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon. Add a layer of Old Olive cardstock with some paper piercing along the top and bottom of it.  For the card base, I used Chocolate Chip cardstock.


I hope you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment