Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mini Backpack!

Well, I spent some time playing with an idea I had seen on SplitCoastStampers. Here's the aftermath


of my "playing"....



Stamping mess!


Does this happen to you too? I end up with such a small place to work in, that I can't work anymore! I do love to make a mess, and I think it's part of the fun, but I don't love cleaning it all up!


Here's the project that caused this mess.



Mini-backpack


It is a Mini Backpack, and a great gift for teachers. I am hoping to make a few more of these today, and put together little "Survival Kits" for my kids teachers for the year to come. I am going to put in a Starbucks card, some Tylenol, chocolate, and some handmade cards.  Cute huh?


Here are another couple shots of it.....


Mini Backpack 2 


This project was featured on SplitCoast, in the demonstrator-only section, so I can't post the link. But I did find a lady who produced a tutorial that you could follow if you like. It starts with 8.5 X11 cardstock, and you cut out the pattern. The designer paper used is Berry Bliss (now retired), and I added the new Flower brad to the front, with a 1" circle punched piece of the Berry Bliss paper. You need sticky strip to hold the pieces together, and I also added some Regal Rose 5/8 grosgrain ribbbon for the straps. What do you think?



Mini Backpack - back view



2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! That is sooo cute! I just love it!! Thanks Jo-Ann!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erica! It was fun to make, and not too difficult after watching the tutorial. You should try it!

    ReplyDelete